Resources > Research
The State of E-Commerce in Latin America in 2012
January 04, 2013
Recent research from comScore shows what Latin Americans buy online the most and why
In November comScore released a compelling e-commerce study of online consumers in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru and Venezuela.
Key findings include:
- Every week 8 of 10 Latin Americans search for and research products online before buying
- Of the Argentines surveyed by comScore, 75% said they spent between US$100 y US$1,000 in online purchases during the past 3 months
- Despite the relatively low penetration of credit cards in Latam, in comScore’s study, 74% of the Latam Internet users surveyed said that they use credit cards to buy online
- 43% of Latin American online consumers buy clothes and 41% buy electronics
- Among the other hot products for Latam e-commerce shoppers are music/movies/videos (36%), appliances (35%), and computer hardware (33%), tickets to shows and events (31%) and apps (31%)
Download the complete study here.