Resources > Research
The Rise of Online Video in Latin America
January 07, 2013
Recent research from comScore shows a large online video audience in Latin America
Currently, estimates from InternetWorldStats, various Latam branches of IAB and comScore indicate that there are 232 million Internet users in Latin America. Watching online videos has become incredibly popular in Latin America and for advertisers, an effective new format to reach Internet users all over Latin America.
A recent study from comScore shows why this is:
- Online video viewing in Chile went up by 91% in 2011
- Online video viewing in Mexico went up by 80% in 2011
- Online video viewing in Argentina went up by 75% in 2011
- Online video viewing in Brazil went up by 74% in 2011
- Latin Americans 15-34 account for nearly 60% of video viewers in Latin America
- Online video’s monthly reach is 96% in Argentina and 92% in Chile, compared to 84% worldwide and 85% in the United States
- Chileans watch more online videos per viewer than any other Latin Americans: 167 videos per viewer per month, while Mexicans watch 151 videos per viewer per month
Download the complete study here.