Resources > Research
Hispanic Mobile Market Study
January 03, 2013
Recent data from ZPryme shows how Hispanics are using mobile devices
A June 2012 study from ZPryme offers some interesting findings about how Hispanics use mobile devices. Several of these could be relevant for professionals in Hispanic marketing, advertising and media.
Here’s a brief summary of some of the relevant results regarding Hispanic mobile device use:
- 20% of Hispanics prefer to access social networks using smartphones
- Hispanic females are more likely to use Facebook (82% vs. 73% of males) and Groupon (45% vs. 32% for males)
- More than half of Hispanics (53%) prefer to get their entertainment on a mobile device
- The most popular activity among Hispanic tablet users is gaming
- Nearly 25% of Hispanics own 20 or more mobile apps
- 80% of the respondents communicate on the internet in English while 15% use both Spanish and English.
Download the complete study here.